RE>BUILD was set up as an independent charity in 2004 to help people in need of furniture to set up home or to replace broken or worn out items.
RE>BUILD has expanded to not only provide furniture for disadvantaged groups, but become a people-focused charity.
As well as still collecting donations of unwanted domestic furniture from the Bury Council area, we also operate a ‘Community Re>Paint’ paint reuse scheme and a volunteering, training and work experience programme for people from all backgrounds. In partnership with other agencies, and when funding allows, we also offer a bike refurbishment course for young people.
RE>BUILD’s aim is to support the local community with local services by:
- Collecting quality unwanted furniture from households in Bury and the surrounding areas
- Re-distributing the furniture, at affordable prices, to local households who need it
- Reducing the amount of goods that unnecessarily end up in landfill and divert increasing amounts back into re-use
- Recycling where items are beyond their reuse life
- Providing a Community Re-Paint scheme for families, individuals, and community groups at a very low cost, so reducing paint being landfilled
- Providing a supportive volunteer service with ongoing training, access to information and advice, assistance with job seeking, and emotional and practical support
- Offering practical learning opportunities to people from a range of disadvantaged backgrounds including those with disabilities
- Providing employment for local people
- Becoming as financially self-sustaining as possible
RE>BUILD is a:
Registered Charity No: 1104275; Company Limited by Guarantee No: 5106691
Registered in England & Wales: Registered Office: 4 Park Road, Bury. BL9 5BQ