We provide a range of courses to the community as and when we have the funding to deliver these. These have recently included ‘Workplace English pilot project’ for people with English as a second language, funded by the European Social Fund. During this course we supported individuals to learn the requirements for working in the UK, especially our Health & Safety rules and regulations. We have also recently delivered a skills for work course for lone parents funded by Job Centre Plus, in partnership with Bury Citizens’ Advice Bureau and Bury Volunteer Centre.
The groups of people we have worked with, and continue to involve as volunteers, include:
- People who are unemployed;
- People with low self-esteem;
- Domestic violence sufferers – women & men;
- People with disabilities;
- Young people aged 16 – 24;
- Lone parents;
- People from BME backgrounds;
- Asylum seekers;
- People coming out of rehab;
- People with mental health issues.